Working Residential Superintendent - Federal Way
Federal Way, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
September 1, 2020
$ - $
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer’s favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you’ll make a difference in one of life’s most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you’ll be both challenged and inspired every day. We’ve got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
A diverse, inclusive culture is vital to Redfin's mission of making real estate better for people from all walks of life. We’re proud that Redfin is a place where different points of view and backgrounds are encouraged and respected. We constantly strive to build a company that reflects the world around us, based on our conviction that pursuing and developing talent of all types is the only way for a business to thrive over the long haul.
As a Project superintendent for Redfin Home Services you will perform Renovations for the brokerage and for RedfinNow. These projects will range in scale from small refreshes to full scale renovations and remodels. Many of the jobs will be on occupied homes. Professionalism when interacting with homeowners is key skill and success factor for this role.
- Working on 5 to 8 jobs at any given time based on volume of purchases and seasonality.
- A significant level of Self-performed work will be conducted by the Superintendent on all jobs.
- During low volume periods an increased amount of self-performance will be undertaken due to the reduced amount of sub-contractor supervision.
- Check on progress of subcontractors - ensure employees are at the site and meeting our scheduled completion date.
Examples of the work that will be self-performed but not limited to:
- Minor Electrical
- Minor Plumbing
- Demolition and Removal
- Landscaping and Curb Appeal
- Light Cleaning to freshen a home
- Light Painting
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least five years of residential renovation or construction experience, including paint, light electrical adjustments, plug & switch plate and general handyman skills
- Excellent time management. Experience in following and setting deadlines, and driving towards completion
- Proactive communication with Home Services Managers
- Facility using and learning new technologies. Must have smartphone skills and Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent organization skills and neatness. A character of dependability and accountability with an orientation of service to others. Results oriented, common sense and critical thinking skills
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation with potential for growth
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with availability to work from home.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we’ve designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!