US Partner Marketing Lead for Modern Work in SMB
Redmond, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
$80 - 95k
If you are looking to work on a critical and fast-growing business, like to make real business impact, and want to be part of an energetic and collaborative team – this could be the job for you!
The US OCP organization is looking for a PMA-S for SMB (Small, and Medium Size Business) Modern Work, a leader who understands the SMB landscape and can help develop and land the key Partner Motions and CTAs (call to actions) to help our customer be successful through the challenging market changes, and grow our business through Partners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to become instrumental in building the best partner ecosystem in SMB and build a new Cloud business that is an integral part of Microsoft’s future. The PMA SMB for Modern Work is responsible for leading the Cloud Go-To-Market strategy for the SMB channel to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Modern Work aligned Priorities.
The US OCP (One Commercial Partner) organization plays a critical role in Microsoft’s cloud growth and empowering the digital transformation for customers and partners. The newly formed Partner Solutions, Capacity and Enablement (SCE) team is part of the US OCP GTM organization and responsible for developing the Solution Area (aka BG) alignment, partner capacity planning for the US and developing/landing partner technical enablement programs.
As the Partner Marketing Advisor – SMB Modern Work, you will be part of a significant transformation that will require the creation of new innovative GTM strategies and execution of plays with our Channel Partners to drive multi-billion-dollar business across the US Subsidiary. The PMA-S is a strategic role in the MSUS OCP org, responsible for defining, shaping and executing against the Modern Work partner strategy to achieve the business metrics in the US, via our different partner portfolios. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner leadership. The PMA represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the SMB partner go-to-market (GTM) plan and campaigns for Modern Work focusing specifically on scale engines (to and through partners) to accelerate customer acquisition and Modern Work Cloud Services sales and consumption
- Lead the SMB Modern Work Solution Area Plays campaigns and influence partner enablement execution with focus on strategic imperatives: Teams, Microsoft 365 and Security
- Orchestrate sales enablement, co-selling efforts, alliances, and external communities to drive through partner business growth.
- Lead GTM Solution Plays and Partner Motions across US OCP including build-with, sell-with and GTM
- Manage the overall success of the Partner Motions: track success, collect execution insight, remove blockers and adjust when needed
- Initiate or partner in the development and landing of new partner programs, incentives (eg Sprint, STL), contests (eg Eagle awards). Collaborate and influence key SMB levers to drive channel activation for Modern Work: SureStep as a vehicle to increase reseller reach, Global and Local Incentives and Investments, SMB C3, etc.
- Provide feedback on programs & initiatives to WW team
- Represent in the OCP MBR process for Solution Area / Segment. Be the SME for the Solution Area / Segment within US OCP
- Operate in orchestrated way with CSP indirect providers POD (PDM, PMA, PTS, PDM-R) to accelerate Office365 and Microsoft365 reach, yield and frequency
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge.
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing strategy and execution with proven results
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Offers deep partner ecosystem and market insights including the competitor landscape and knowledge of partner business models
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking to connect the business strategy & metrics and capacity goals with partner’s enablement requirements
- Understands how to scale marketing efforts across a portfolio of breadth partners by promoting self-serve tools and tracking consumption of the tools
- Ability to succeed in a quickly changing business environment showing thought-leadership in driving market transformation
- Obsessed and committed to optimal partner and customer satisfaction
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.