Software Engineer (Mortgage)
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
$80 - 95k
Redfin is looking for an awesome full-stack developer to work on technology that brings previously unimaginable ease and simplicity in real estate transactions for homebuyers. You'll get an opportunity to build new software and frameworks from scratch, which will range from beautiful customer-facing applications to highly scalable distributed workflows and AI decision systems.
Who You Are
- You are a developer who thinks like an end user, who knows that 90% done is only half done, and who can build rock-solid code that will withstand millions of users hammering on it.
- are passionate about inventing and applying AI techniques to automate tasks that are currently performed by humans.
- love beautiful, simple user interfaces, and you constantly wonder what you could have done to make your last project simpler.
- love working with a smart, talented team because you know that makes you better.
- you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
- than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Technologies We Use and Teach
Great engineers want to work on emerging technologies. Our website and mobile apps are built with Java, Spring, JSP, Postgres, Hadoop, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JS, React, Objective-C, Swift, and various other tools/libraries. In production we run on Linux. On our desktops we mostly run Mac and Windows, but some opt for Linux. We use Eclipse, Maven, Git and Bamboo.
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
- You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
- You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every few weeks and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.