Redmond, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
August 31, 2020
$ - $
The Cloud Server Infrastructure’s platform firmware engineering team is responsible for definition, design, and development of Server and Rack Infrastructure firmware that powers Microsoft’s cloud hardware. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners and researchers to architect and develop solutions that meet the requirements for our cloud services platforms at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO).
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior software engineer with a solid background in embedded system design. You will be involved with all phases of product development from design through bring-up, development, and release. We are aspiring to get agile where you will play a key role in designing, developing, optimizing, and deploying innovative features.
- Define system architecture and specifications for cutting edge features related to server infrastructure management.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to internal developers or external partners to deliver serviceable, reliable, and scalable solutions.
- Stress on modular design and code reuse to achieve maintainability.
- Participate in all stages of product development from bring-up, validation, productization, and sustenance.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to find solutions that are leverageable across multiple architectures and generations.
- Contribute to product vision and roadmap by bringing innovation to server manageability ecosystem.
- Work effectively in an Agile environment following and practicing Scrum processes
- M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering with minimum 6 years of embedded development experience or
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant field with 8 years of software development experience.
- Proven experience and skills in C/C++ and OS internals
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded applications
- Experience in collaborating with internal and external partners to understand their requirements and translating them into solutions
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, and attention to details
- Understanding of schematics, I2C, SPI, USB, UART communication protocols is an added advantage
- Detailed knowledge of core networking protocols and REST API frameworks is an added plus
- Experience with GIT, JSON, Python, Jenkins, XML is highly desirable.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.