Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
September 3, 2020
$ - $
- What We Do: As a data driven company, our data is our lifeline. The business intelligence team at PayScale helps drive decision making across all levels of the company with data insights and visualizations.
- What You Do: Business intelligence at PayScale is focused on the science of decision making, requiring someone who is curious around data and who is not afraid to dive-in to find answers. A successful candidate has outstanding business insight, a steadfast desire to answer "why?" questions, and is passionate about using data. You should have a solid sense of data visualization standards and also a flair for design.
- You should be familiar with analysing large and small data sets, and also working with a data warehouse and SQL. Finally, as a senior analyst, you have lead large projects involving multiple partners and have also mentored junior analysts.
- Day-in-the-Life: Your typical day may include the following:
Creating dashboards and visualizations to support decision making in the company.Working with teams across the company to understand business requirements, define key performance indicators, deliver insights, and visualize results.Continually improving ongoing reporting and analysis processes.Mentoring more junior analysts.Providing Tableau support, including handling access and licenses.Joining the team ceremonies, including demos and planning sessions.
A bachelor's degree with significant course work in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, econometrics, physical sciences, or applied mathematics.6+ years of relevant work experience.A portfolio which shows your past projects, personal or professional.Experience:
- Skills and Tools:
Advanced experience with Tableau (Power BI is a plus).Intermediate experience with SQL and data manipulation.An understanding of Snowflake or other data warehouses.Familiarity with git or other version control systems.An obsession with cleaning, structuring and analysing data.Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.Attention to detail, well organized and great time management skills, with knowledge of JIRA and Confluence a nice-to-have.
- Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
Flexible Paid Time Off policy 10 paid holidays Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependent Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us every Friday. WOOF!)
- Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.