Sales Operation Manager
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
October 3, 2023
$115000 - $140000
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager of Sales Operations includes supporting the Sales organization in the operation and development of processes and tools, direct responsibility for the delivery of proposals, contracts, and order processing, and companywide responsibility for the corporate Salesforce instance. Given the typical high transaction value, long sales cycle, and shifting industry dynamics that influence each opportunity, the Manager of Sales Operations plays a vital role in coordinating with the Sales leadership, Finance, and other departments to build and manage an end-to-end sales cycle and customer experience that delivers customer lifetime value and accelerates both growth and profitability.
The candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized and have experience in sales and related operations, project management, and Salesforce oversight. The candidate must be able to co-develop and drive corporate initiatives that improve sales performance/effectiveness and improve productivity through Salesforce and other system improvements. This leader has a successful track record in delivering operational improvements, ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and a reputation for collaboration and teamwork. This role requires a very strong knowledge of Salesforce.com with the ability to be hands-on with configuration and administration duties as well as a solid understanding of the Salesforce.com platform technical and reporting capabilities, business value, and limitations.
Co-development and execution of sales operations and support of company operational activities including:
- In collaboration with Marketing and Sales Enablement, builds and implements sales processes, methodologies, and tools and proactively identifies opportunities for process and system improvement.
- Works closely with Sales management to inspect sales process quality, identify process bottlenecks and inconsistencies, and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors and supports accurate and on-time reporting of sales metrics and other intelligence essential for Sales organization effectiveness. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Supports Sales and Finance leadership in pipeline management, forecasting, and opportunity analysis.
- Shares the Sales organization’s financial and performance objectives.
- Hires, mentors, and manages the Sales Operations team.
- In close cooperation with Sales and Finance, manages the staffing, operation, and continuous improvement of processes and tools used in the delivery of sales proposals, contracts, and RFP responses. Manages the applicable content libraries required to service these critical sales functions.
- Responsible for order processing operations, including execution, staffing, processes, and tools. Worksclosely with Finance to ensure Salesforce order processing results aligns with Finance systems and information.
- Works closely with Finance and Sales to manage and audit the subscription business operations to ensure accurate and reliable execution of subscription sales activities and order processing, including the accuracy of Salesforce subscription data and subscription metrics.
- Manages the fulfillment of onboarding the company as a supplier to customers and partners.
- Manages SalesForce.com across the organization. Responsible for corporate wide Salesforce, administration, development, support, and training. Responsible for Salesforce data integrity and monitoring corporate wide compliance to defined standards for maintaining Salesforce data.
- Responds to all departments including the Executive Leadership to provide accurate and timely Salesforce data, metrics, and information as requested, including quarterly retention rate reports, projections against budget, and assist with quarterly Board reporting materials
- Assist the Finance team with sales department expense budgets and forecasts.
- Manages vendor relationships for Salesforce, Salesforce third party products/services, and other Sales Operations software as assigned.
- Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Expertise with all phases of the sales and business development lifecycle.
- Minimum 3 years sales operations management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment, with the demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures, and policies.
- Previous experience in executing Complex/Solution Selling methodology within a sales organization preferred.
- Prior experience managing vendor relationships and integration with internal systems.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience with Salesforce.com demonstrating strong administration and configuration skills.
- Minimum 3 years supporting Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Some experience supporting the Salesforce Service Cloud preferred.
- Experience managing highly engaged, successful teams and contributing toward the development of department strategy.
- Prior experience managing large scale projects and training programs.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Highly proficient with all Microsoft office applications including strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become proficient with new applications.
- Works well under pressure and comfortable working with competing deadlines; flexible and adaptable.
- Resourceful, hard-working, energetic, and entrepreneurial.
Title Manager, Sales Operations
Functional Area Sales
Reports to Chief Financial Officer