Public Relations Manager
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
$80 - 95k
- At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
- We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
- Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
- We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
- We'd love to have you join us.
- This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
- The Glowforge community was launched on the back of glowing press, appearing everywhere from the New York Times to Wired. Now we’ve delivered the magic, and our community excited, engaged, and enthusiastic. Our product is beloved, and it’s our job to bring more and more passionate people into our community of creators every day.
- How will we do this? Through you. Your brilliant story concepts, poignant pitches, and astute insight about reporters’ needs and opportunities, will keep Glowforge in the public mind. We need you to support our growth and fulfill our goal of bringing creativity to the home of millions of people.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- We think you have the best job in town, because first and foremost - you get to tell our customers’ stories. From Henry who uses his Glowforge to teach his medical students new heart surgery techniques, to Ryan who started his own jewelry business, to Marj who picked up her Glowforge as a new retirement hobby - there’s thousands of unique and compelling stories to tell.
- Our product is surprising, magical, delightful, and unique. Our customers have some of the most fascinating stories in the world. Communicating those stories through articles, reviews, podcasts, and more? All in a day’s work.
You’ll be focused on:
Developing our public relations strategy - for the short and long termDiving in with the product and leadership teams to understand the roadmap and new partnerships and productsWorking with our CEO on speaking and thought leadership opportunitiesContinuing to build on your existing relationships with reporters, podcasters, bloggers, and other thought leadersTelling the Glowforge story to lifestyle, business, and tech outletsTelling our customer’s stories through the publications that cater to the thousands of different interests our customers have
You need these qualifications
You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.You have at least five years of public or media relations - in house, agency, or both.You’ve got a long-list of top-tier tech, business, and consumer reporters who trust you when you reach out to them with a story.You’re an exceptional writer and storyteller.You measure PR success by the numbers - you’re always looking to quantify the impact of your placements (reach, click through, organic rankings, and more).You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Glowforge.
It would be nice if...
You have startup experienceYou’ve worked on consumer hardware products beforeYou have journalistic experience yourselfYou love to learn about technology
- Send us a resume or Linkedin link.
- And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
- There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.