top of page
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
March 16, 2021
$ - $
Our client is looking for a Project Accountant performs general accounting tasks in support of a project team. This includes data entry, analysis, billing, reporting, and performs payroll and job cost processes specific to one or more projects and construction job sites.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and coordination of accounting related documentation for the project team.
- Maintain and enter data entries of key processes, logs, and reports.
- Research, prepare, and distribute important project accounting documentation and reports.
- Manage various project files and records.
- Communicate and coordinate with project team about meetings with third party subcontractors, suppliers, architects, and owner’s representatives.
- Perform accounting related data entry, reporting, and analysis for the jobsite and project team:
- Process payroll data entry for the jobsite employees.
- Enter and code various job cost information using accounting software and other systems.
- Reconcile monthly client billings and generate periodic project cost reports.
- Assist with operations support to the jobsite project team:
- Update the labor projection spreadsheet and other tracking or planning summaries as needed.
- Represent our a client as a liaison to clients regarding billing substantiations.
- Track, process, and report various project job cost processes by producing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage and organize contracts, subcontracts, and other project related documentation.
- Contribute to building and sustaining a collaborative and supportive culture and work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of directly applicable college education or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and the full suite of applications in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Viewpoint or similar accounting software.
- Understanding of construction terminology and construction management processes.
- Working knowledge of sales and use tax rules as applied to construction activities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Communication skills:
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Exceptional written communication.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Prioritize workload.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively with new and diverse groups of people.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Operate office equipment.
- Communicate and express ideas and exchange accurate information.
- Regularly move about the office environment and meet with other people.
Occasional travel required to attend main office meetings or trainings.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
bottom of page