Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
October 11, 2023
$55 - $65
**This position is remote** Temp to hire contract.
Functional Area Finance/Sales Operations
Location Remote or Seattle Hybrid
Our client is embarking on a new phase of company growth and is looking to add an energetic,
dynamic and self-motivated Pricing Manager to the team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and
working cooperatively with the Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Engineering teams, the Pricing Manager
will primarily be focused on pricing all of Optimum’s current and future products and services including
developing and implementing pricing strategies. This position will collaborate with stakeholders to
support the definition of each product and service, define and enhance pricing processes, and establish
pricing structures. The Pricing Manager will use pricing models to respond to daily pricing requests,
review automated pricing, and perform analysis to ensure appropriate pricing. The ideal candidate is a
problem-solver with experience in both value-based and time & materials-based pricing, with a
demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively across departments as well as independently with
minimal management oversight.
- Analyze and interpret engineering data about customer sites and incorporate into pricing models to generate project specific pricing of Optimum Energy’s product and service offerings.
- Develop pricing analyses and recommendations for new products and services
- Own the automation of pricing for standard requests wherever possible
- Define, build, and implement pricing models to replace legacy pricing models
- Create discount structures for customers, partners, and internal personnel
- Evaluate product-level gross margin to factor into pricing decisions
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure alignment between pricing and engineering scopes of work.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to ensure Salesforce supports the pricing process
- Research and monitor market trends and competitor pricing
- Assist with contract renewals related to pricing terms
- Incorporate pricing structures and terms in master service agreements; make recommendations for adjustments upon renewal
- Assist with pricing negotiations between Optimum and the customer or partner and between Sales and Finance. Assist with RFP, RFQ responses and proposals
- Develop and maintain key pricing metrics. Train Sales and Engineering groups on all things pricing-related
- Calculate monthly sales commissions
- Perform ad-hoc pricing, reporting, product marketing assistance and analysis
- Minimum 4-6 years relevant experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups/index/match functions, IF statements,etc.
- Prior experience owning a company’s pricing model, structure, and processes
- Prior experience pricing software, SaaS, and/or engineering services preferred
- Willingness to learn the ins and outs of Optimum’s products and services, including definitions and scopes of work
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- The ability to work primarily on a remote basis with minimal oversight while hitting deadlines and meeting expectations
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, past demonstrated ability to interact constructively with multiple departments including remote sales and engineering personnel
- Ability to articulate complex pricing models in simplified terms for broader understanding
- Proficient computer skills, specifically MS Office Suite and CRM tools (Salesforce.com)
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly detail-oriented and organized
- Past experience working in a small company environment and wearing multiple hats
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related; strong mathematical background a plus
Salary and benefits will be competitive and dependent upon experience and qualifications.