Marketing Communications Manager
Redmond, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
August 31, 2020
$ - $
Are you an experienced storyteller and social marketing guru with a passion for creating engaging content, bringing stories to life through customer experiences and growing social communities through innovative and inspirational marketing? If so, come join us! Microsoft’s Education Marketing team is looking for a Sr. Earned Media Marketing Communications Manager to join a fast-paced team focused on empowering every student on the planet to achieve more.
The ideal candidate will be equally capable at strategic and tactical levels, have strong creative and analytical capabilities, and possess superior communication and teamwork skills.
This role will be focused on driving strategy, planning and execution of social and earned marketing for our Education marketing team across existing and new audiences (K-12 Educators and School Leaders/IT plus Higher Ed administration and IT and Higher Ed Students). As the lead of multiple owned channels, this individual will work closely across our PR and other Marketing channel leads as well as our audience marketing and PMM teams to understand our customers’ needs and experiences to translate them into customer facing stories and engagements.
This is a role with growth potential that will be key to developing and executing against a new strategy around customer stories, content strategy and earned media to drive community growth and advocacy across our K12 and Higher Ed audiences.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently and drive ideas forward.
- Collaborate with teams both inside and outside of marketing and across multiple departments.
- Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven and high pressure environment while maintaining a calm, focused and flexible professional demeanor.
- Communicate written words clearly and effectively paying special attention to personalization.
- Share and receive constructive feedback and reevaluate procedures and processes.
- Notice, recognize and differentiate visual concept development.
- Evolve and constantly reevaluate social and operational strategies.
- 10 years digital marketing experience is required.
- 5+ years social marketing/community management experience.
- 3+ years influencer marketing.
- Strong ability to story tell/drive a narrative.
- Ability to excite, activate and grow community.
- Ability to drive social strategy and initiatives with a data driven approach and focus on ROI.
- Experience working with customers to understand their feedback and experiences,
- Passion for customers and drive to understand the education audiences’ needs, translating that into relevant and useful content marketing.
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Ability to build and managing influencer relationships Ability to understand to communicate successfully to executives in written and verbal environments.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.