Marketing Automation Specialist
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
September 3, 2020
$ - $
- Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
- PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
- We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Month 3: You have a fundamental understanding of how our Marketo instance is structured and can complete basic tasks such as setting up email programs with minimal direction. You are aware of our different marketing channels and standard practices for various campaign types.Month 6: You have mastered the Marketo basics and have an in-depth understanding of our more sophisticated nurture programs, scoring campaigns, and overall automation workflows.Month 12: You are fully self-sufficient in Marketo and have a firm grasp on the overall automation ecosystem and database. You routinely collaborate with campaign managers on tests to optimize campaigns and can operate with little supervision.What We Do: The Marketing Operations Team serves as the technical backbone of the broader marketing team. Our main areas of focus are automation, analytics/reporting, data optimization, and the overall marketing technology infrastructure.
What You Do: You'll play an integral role in email and landing page development and execution, including segmentation, testing, and deployment. You'll support critical marketing operations initiatives such as the lead lifecycle, scoring, nurturing, segmentation, and data cleansing. You know the devil is in the details and can build multiple campaigns at a time with a high-level of accuracy.
Day-in-the-Life: As the Marketing Automation Specialist, a typical day may include the following…
Create an email program in Marketo, build and then test the email across various clientsReview the project queue to ensure completion of requests before team commences work on themSet up A/B tests for poorly performing emails and optimize to improve engagement, using data from successful variations to inform the testBuild the end-to-end operational components for a market-facing webinar, including the WordPress landing page, Marketo form, and integrationsFirst Year in Role:
MarketoSalesforceWordPressMS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups)Experience:
2+ years of experience building emails, landing pages, and marketing automation workflowsFamiliarity with marketing automation tools (Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, etc.)Bachelor's degree (preferably in marketing-related field)Skills:
Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret and apply findingsHighly organized with excellent attention to detailFundamental knowledge of HTML/CSSTools:
- Meet Your Manager: Emily Kucharczyk began her career in more general marketing functions, before finding her true passion: marketing operations. Emily spent a few years at various healthcare and tech companies learning everything possible about Marketo and operations before starting at PayScale in 2016. Emily has since built out the entire Marketing Operations team and is currently the Senior Manager of Marketing Operations.
- Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
Phone interview with Talent AcquisitionVideo interview with hiring manager, EmilyVideo interviews with key members of the team
- Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
Flexible Paid Time Off policy10 paid holidays Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependentsFlexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and TransitLong Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life InsuranceStrong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.