Manager, Sales Development Representative
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
August 31, 2020
$ - $
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Manager, Sales Development will possess the ability to manage and motivate Sales Development Representatives (SDR) to achieve individual sales and opportunity generation quotas. He/she also must be able to measure, monitor and hold SDRs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. The Sales Development Manager is required to make lead qualification calls with SDRs, assist in appointment setting, and effectively present DocuSign's corporate overview and value proposition. He/she will work with the head of the North American Sales Development organization to increase efficiencies and processes within the department. The Sales Development Manager will mentor each SDR on his/her team individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team and is responsible for monitoring pipeline, conversion rates and delivering on quota and forecast.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Sales Development.
- Grow Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) in defined vertical markets and geographic territories from new SMB, Corporate, and Enterprise accounts
- Develop and execute sales process and strategies and ensure compliance to internal data management and reporting, including use of Salesforce.com
- Assess sales activities and forecasts to determine sales progress and required improvements. Recommend and implement improvements to achieve sales and opportunity creation goals
- Collaborate with Marketing Demand Generation team to ensure effective follow up on leads to generate sales opportunities
- Proactively communicate results and adjust plans according to evolving business needs. Provide detailed reporting of lead flow and key performance indicators to senior management
- Manage/coach a team of SDRs to develop their sales skills including vertical market knowledge, forecasting, prospecting, and other necessary skills, while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Maintain and protect DocuSign’s core values, leading by example
- Work with each SDR to develop and implement business/sales plans to achieve sales quota
- Identify and support opportunities for the training and professional development of department personnel
- Operate well in a fast paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years’ prior sales and/or sales development experience, preferably in a position selling SaaS/Cloud Applications Software at the Enterprise level
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed sales/prospecting targets
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally unprecedented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to identify new, creative ways to drive more SMB, Corporate, and Enterprise businesses to purchase and utilize DocuSign’s diverse solution suite