HR Consulting - Programs and Scalable Solutions
Redmond, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
August 31, 2020
Human Resource & Recruitment
$0 - $
The Business Development, Worldwide Commercial Business, and Microsoft Consumer Business (BMW) HR team is responsible for accelerating the business, culture and people agenda for three core, portfolio businesses at Microsoft. Our BMW HR Consulting team provide world class HR service and solutions to 37,000 managers and employees.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional and Program Manager(PM) to lead the Projects, Programs, & Processes for the BMW HR Consulting team. Through collaboration with partners and stakeholders, members of this team are accountable for data-based design, proactive planning, and excellent execution of our BMW HR programs and processes for scale, efficacy, and achievement of our desired practical and cultural outcomes. A few key programs in scope include Annual Rewards, Promotions, Peer Feedback and Job Eliminations. In addition, the team is responsible for supporting new employee onboarding for 3 US Field offices and maturing the portfolio of scalable solutions that enables the delivery of BMW’s people priorities.
To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at operational execution, customer service, customer advocacy, analytical problem solving, communications, continuous improvement, cross boundary collaboration, and people management. It is essential that the individual has proven experience in modeling core company values, hiring and developing strong diverse teams, and building a culture of inclusion. Strong co-operation and collaboration with all HR and business stakeholders are must have assets.
- HR Projects & Programs - You partner with Centers of Excellence on defining Human Resources programs and processes, you lead the design and implementation of local HR projects or programs.
- HR Solutions Consulting - You provide expert consulting services to managers and employees on HR programs, processes, and initiatives. You also influence the future direction of HR work by synthesizing insights and contributing perspectives, expertise, and leadership.
- Capability Building - You build manager capability by conducting one-on-one consulting/coaching with business leaders. You identify and aggregate training needs within the business, region, or geography supported and develop plans to address the needs identified.
- Data and Reporting - You lead data analysis and organizational health diagnostics and interpret trends in employee relations issues to design interventions.
- People Management - You help employees identify growth opportunities, develop skills and build development plans. You drive the execution of projects. You establish and communicate performance expectations, identify and address gaps and monitor performance to ensure plans are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Change Leadership Facilitation - The ability to lead others in implementing change. This includes knowledge of corporate processes, organizational structures, and operations necessary to influence change. This also includes the ability to collaborate with management to ensure people, financial, and informational resources are aligned; ensure decisions are made quickly; develop a ‘when, what, how, and who’ communication plan; monitor progress of initiatives; and capture lessons learned.
- Consulting - The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Data Analysis - The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Human Resources Programs - Knowledge of the development and implementation process of a Human Resources program. This may include the ability to plan, design, implement, and/or ensure compliance for Human Resources programs used throughout the company.
- Diversity Promotion - The ability to establish and promote diversity and inclusion in multiple aspects. This may include the ability to identify high-performing and diverse talent, acknowledge/provide accelerated development opportunities and available resources, create and maintain an environment of objectivity, open communication, and respect.
- Corporate Culture Enhancement - The ability to correlate the organizational culture to new initiatives in order to keep the culture continually evolving with modern concepts. This includes the ability to communicate corporate culture broadly to educate and engage associates, and understand the culture to complement business strategy. This also includes the ability to use culture to guide decision-making and to ensure the company values and culture are visible and recognizable to internal and external stakeholders.
- 9+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes OR 7+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes with Bachelor’s degree
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- 1+ years of people management or leadership experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.