Director of Technology Operations
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
April 30, 2021
$ - $
***MUST BE COMFORTABLE BEING IN OFFICE (2 or 3 times a week) WITH A TEAM OF 6-7 PEOPLE***
Our client is searching for a Director of Technology to serve and enable its company’s purpose, which is to improve the lives of those around us. The Director is to lead the team with their mission and to keep the mission focused as a part of their leadership team.
The Director of Technology Operations and Service Management is to lead a team of technology professionals to advance, build, and support technology solutions that empower the workforce with a focus on security, user experience, and reliability. The Director of Technology Operations and Service Management will be instrumental in shaping the future-state of service and support with the overall company. Enabling the vision for technology that enables user productivity and the employee experience, while enhancing the current system design, endpoint management, security posture, and technical support functions. This includes managing helpdesk services, technology procurement, inventory control, equipment life cycles, and supporting the technology needs of remote jobsite offices and staff.
Technology Delivery and Support
- Strategize, plan, configure, and deliver high-performing systems, solutions, and support services.
- Leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance the user experience and improve and streamline technical operations processes including identity and access management.
- Oversee and lead technology service management (ITSM), user support, training, relationship management, and provide guidance for a technically diverse user base.
- Support the delivery of technology operations that enable and improve business processes for users.
- Develop, plan, align, resource, communicate, and manage projects for the implementation and execution of system rollouts and migrations, etc.
- Manage and coordinate jobsite mobilizations including the deployment of workstations, Zoom-enabled conference rooms, networking, and telecommunications to remote jobsite offices.
- Work closely with jobsite teams to coordinate technology moves, changes, and support.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and standards including strict confidentiality standards.
- Identify opportunities for optimization and partner with other departments and field teams to design, plan, and implement solutions.
- Provide escalation and support to Technology Operations team members, including working with third party vendors to deliver service where needed.
- Continuously adapt approach for mobile and workstation security.
- Ensure end-to-end quality control over all user support requests and support projects.
- Ensure the documentation of knowledge, processes, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Prepare various documentation and reporting for the purpose of tracking SLA’s, support coverage, performance, sustainment, and other measurable data.
- Continuously evaluate processes and procedures for opportunities to optimize and streamline.
- Embrace and implement automation wherever possible.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Lead and manage a team of Technology Operations professionals.
- Provide coaching, leadership, and professional development for staff.
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and synergy within the team.
- Recruit and engage team members to execute and support the team's mission.
- Assist in the strategic planning and budget forecasting for the Technology department.
- Cultivate relationships across the organization to ensure strong collaboration and joint problem-solving.
- Work collaboratively with and provide solutions to all users.
- Work closely with the managed service provider in creating high quality support solutions across the combined teams and toolsets.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a variety of areas including new technology rollouts, solution remediations, system migrations, and field technology deployments.
- Establish a systematic and organized environment with a focus on security, financial expenditure, and overall operating efficiency.
- Place and monitor Technology Operations inventory orders.
- Mitigate and resolve supply chain issues with vendors, distributors, and delivery providers.
- Align procurement efforts with healthy device management and inventory tracking solutions.
- Ensure the timely processing of all warranty claims and manufacturer replacements.
- Partner with Accounting in financial record keeping and payment processing.
- Evaluate, source, and procure new technology as business needs evolve.
- Develop systems to ensure that physical inventory is organized neatly, efficiently, and securely.
- Maintain and optimize physical inventory workflows.
- Ensure that inventory records are accurate, consistent, and well maintained.
- Partner with other members of the Technology team in gathering and analyzing inventory data to further enable high quality reporting and informed decision-making.
- Manage healthy equipment lifecycles that embrace proactive maintenance and upgrades.
- Partner with the Community Impact Manager in supporting and evolving a donation program.
- Manage the recycling and disposal of technology equipment in alignment with collective efforts to reduce and eliminate negative impact on the environment.
- Direct and coordinate activities to ensure initiatives deliver business value, for agreed scope, on schedule, within budget, and at a defined quality level.
- Establish project timelines, communication plans, and training strategies for adoption.
- Manage multiple simultaneous initiatives and evaluate, sequence, and organize for best path to delivery.
- Coordinate work across multiple business stakeholders and technology teams to ensure delivery of requirements in a way that accomplishes project goals and fosters collective success.
- Monitor and report actual progress against planned.
- Drive resolution and mitigation of open questions, roadblocks, issues, and risks.
- Understand and negotiate the tradeoffs between needs, technical limitations, and competing priorities.
- Manage unplanned incidents that interrupt business critical operations.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business, enrollment in a related college degree program, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- 5+ years of experience working as a technology infrastructure and engineering leader.
- 3+ years of experience working as a technology support services leader.
- 1+ years of experience managing technology teams.
- Expert knowledge of ITIL and ITSM frameworks.
- Expert knowledge in technology support, helpdesk service management, ticketing systems, and knowledge base solutions.
- Knowledge of construction industry business processes, workflows, hardware, and software use.
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, architecture, security, data networking principles, and integrations.
- Strong technical understanding of Windows 10, Office365, cloud infrastructure, Active Directory (AD), identity and access management, computer networking, audio/visual teleconferencing solutions, remote monitoring, and management (for Win10 and mobile), Mobile Device Management (MDM)MDM/Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and computer imaging.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and general scripting.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Knowledge of Asana (or similar), Apple Business Manager, and mobile connectivity.
- Excellent customer service skills including empathy, diplomacy skills, and ownership.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and small group work sessions.
- Project management and business process analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills for technical and non-technical computer users.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated through troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues.
- Excellent task tracking, coordination, and project management skills.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively with new and diverse groups of people.
- Think creatively to problem solve.
- Take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously with a nimble mindset.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to people of varying skills and knowledge levels.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects and tasks concurrently and to prioritize effectively.
A+, ITIL, Network+/CCNA, Security+, CAPM/Project+, VCP-DW, MD-100, MS-900, AZ-900, Okta Certified Professional (Level 1).
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasionally move equipment weighing up to 50 LBS.
- Operate, inspect, and position computer, phone, and office equipment.
- Move about construction sites, remote and temporary offices, and warehouses.
Valid WA state driver’s license required. Occasional travel required to job sites or to attend out of town meetings and trainings.