Director of IT
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
July 20, 2021
$13000 - $150000
***MUST BE COMFORTABLE GOING INTO OFFICE 2 TO 3 TIMES A WEEK WITH A TEAM OF 6-7 PEOPLE***
Our Client is looking for a Director of Data Solutions and Performance to join their leadership team. Together as a Technology team, our client’s mission is to keep cyber safe, empower people with modern tools for learning and growth, craft best-in-class technology solutions, ensure reliable technology performance, and partner with the community to drive innovation.
The Director of Data Solutions and Performance is to harness the power of data to advance the work of the company, accelerate our strategic vision, and amplify the impact that this company can have in the Pacific Northwest. This role will focus on modeling, building, scaling, governing, and supporting a data management platform that breaks down data silos to enable data driven decisions across the company by ensuring that teams have access to reliable, reusable, and cataloged data in a discoverable, consumable, and timely fashion.
Through close partnerships across the organization, this role will help define business processes, analytics, solution architecture, and technology solutions that help leaders across the company make great data driven decisions and provide value to our clients. A successful candidate will have experience envisioning, designing, deploying, and supporting information systems and services. The nature of the work requires someone who is comfortable leading through uncertainty and working across a complex set of stakeholders to understand and prioritize requirements.
Additionally, they will utilize their skill set to develop data pipelines and analytics solutions with a tenacity for solving unstructured data and enabling self-service, on-demand capabilities to support the business. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage their technical experience and business acumen to maintain a trusted relationship with users and business partners while providing the clarity needed by technical resources to deliver elegant solutions to the most important priorities.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Lead and manage a team of Technology Solutions professionals.
- Provide coaching, leadership, and professional development for staff.
- Recruit and engage team members to execute and support the team's mission.
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and synergy within the team.
- Drive the data delivery roadmap in support of the strategic initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership and solution architecture for enterprise data ecosystem.
- Assist in the strategic planning and budget forecasting for the Technology department.
- Cultivate relationships across the organization to ensure strong collaboration and joint problem-solving.
- Effective at driving business process improvement and workflow optimization.
- Work collaboratively with and provide application and data-centric solutions to all users.
- Ensure that stakeholders are aware of the information processing tools and techniques available to them and collaborate with cross-departmental resources to prepare people for use of technology and systems.
- Continually evaluate and monitor the data management capabilities landscape to identify opportunities for greater long-term business value. Define, monitor, and use of KPIs to help shape how the platform can evolve to create more value. Lead discovery efforts for automation of metadata enrichment leveraging ML/AI skills.
- Develop technical expertise with the platforms supporting the business including but not limited to construction applications, BIM, construction cost accounting (Viewpoint), Azure, and Microsoft PowerBI. This includes expert level product knowledge and mastery of the applications, processes, data models and integration ecosystem.
- Continually improve reporting and analysis processes through simplification and automation.
- Understand customer requirements for how data is used to make decisions. Includes process mapping, optimization, and technology enablement.
- Extract data from various data sources; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse, massage, and aggregate data.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on a variety of data formats to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Deep data analysis experience working with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- Business requirement elicitation techniques, options prioritization and analysis, translation to technical functional and non-functional requirements, solution design, test planning, change management, vendor management.
- Proven experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Experience with creating clear strategies, policies, procedures, and system documentation.
- Experience with facilitating small teams, guiding work delivery and quality.
- Direct and coordinate activities to ensure initiatives deliver business value, for agreed scope, on schedule, within budget, and at a defined quality level.
- Establish project timelines, communication plans, and training strategies for adoption.
- Manage multiple simultaneous initiatives and evaluate, sequence, and organize for best path to delivery.
- Coordinate work across multiple business stakeholders and technology teams to ensure delivery of requirements in a way that accomplishes project goals and fosters collective success.
- Monitor and report actual progress against planned.
- Drive resolution and mitigation of open questions, roadblocks, issues, and risks to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Understand and negotiate the tradeoffs between needs, technical limitations, and competing priorities.
- Manage unplanned incidents that interrupt business critical functions.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field, enrollment in a related college degree program, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- 3+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- 3+ years of experience managing technology teams.
- 5+ years of project management, technical product management, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a Lead BI/Analytics/Solution Architect role.
- 3+ years of experience related to analytics and design principles for the visualization of data.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) as well as advanced statistical techniques (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and their real-world advantages and/or drawbacks.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions or services designed around user needs, ideally using a User/Human centered design methodology.
- Experience with the data warehousing lifecycle.
- Experience with the Construction or Manufacturing industries is highly desirable, ability to develop the expertise required.
- Knowledge of construction industry business processes, workflows, hardware, and software use.
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, architecture, security, data networking principles, and integrations.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Knowledge of Asana (or similar).
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills, including the ability to adjust workstyle and communication to match an audience, across leadership, non-technical teams, and technical staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including leading small group work sessions.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on data and domain exploration.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively with new and diverse groups of people.
- Think creatively to solve.
- Take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously with a nimble mindset.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to people of varying skills and knowledge levels.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects and tasks concurrently and to prioritize effectively.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Move about construction sites, remote and temporary offices, and warehouses.
Valid WA state driver’s license required. Occasional travel required to jobsites or to attend out of town meetings and trainings.
This job description is subject to change at any time.