Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
September 1, 2020
Human Resource & Recruitment
$ - $
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that's better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life's most important events-buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. No matter what role you have, you'll be both challenged and inspired every day. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As a Compensation Analyst you will help us plan, design and support our incentive compensation across the business. Compensation plays a strategically important role at Redfin due to our unique business model, and small changes to our variable compensation can have large impacts on our financial outcomes.
You’ll partner with business leaders in our Real Estate Operations, Support, Mortgage and Growth teams and our Compensation Program Manager to analyze new plans or changes to existing plans. We strive to pay employees fairly and consistently, and to motivate and reward for results, and you’ll be a big part of that effort.
We're a data-driven company and team -- this role will challenge your ability to use Redfin’s data and your financial wizardry to analyze compensation proposals and projects and make reliable recommendations. It’s a role filled with math that requires analytical and communication skills, along with doses of clear-headed thinking.
What You’ll Do in this Role
- Analyze new and existing incentive plan impacts including cost analyses, performance and reward metrics, impacts to profitability
- Support plan design tracking and employee eligibility
- Write plan documents and keep incentive plan information on our intranet updated
- Assess market pay trends against business needs to ensure our plans are competitive, propose recommendations for change
- Partner with recruiters, HR business partners, business leaders, and the Compensation Program Manager when determining pay for new roles
Who You Are
- Sharp: You are comfortable working with and integrating large data sets, using Excel or Google Sheets and other appropriate tools.
- Concise: You can effectively summarize complex data so that others can easily consume and use it.
- Savvy: You are confident in a range of roles -- from analysis projects to answering individuals’ questions about their pay.
- Analytical: You dig in, and find the root causes and suggest solutions.
- Methodical: You think long term in your design and execution to make compensation decisions better and more scalable as our business grows.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (graduate degree or MBA a plus)
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Experience supporting and evaluating compensation models and processes
- Experience with sales incentive plans a plus
- Experience with Radford, Payscale, other benchmarking surveys and tools a plus
- Strong Excel and/or Google Sheets skills including using advanced features (pivot tables, look-ups, index, macros a plus); Tableau a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills for tracking our data sources, and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and changing priorities
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully-paid family leave
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we've designed a multi-step selection process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We're excited to get to know you and hope you're ready to give this opportunity everything you've got!