Business Development Manager
Redmond, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
$80 - 95k
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join Microsoft’s Modern Work M365 Commercial Ecosystem and Content Services Business Development Team that is focused on (1) creating a vibrant M365 ISV ecosystem by partnering with strategic ISVs who are core to the M365 platform’s success, and (2) growing M365 seats and revenue by partnering with category-leading ISV partners to enhance content services.
This role will focus on start-ups & VC engagements and the launch of the new Fluid Framework developer ecosystem, among other strategic initiatives in support of the Modern Work Business Development team’s goals and priorities.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in implementation of business and product strategy, translate these strategies into a partner plan and identify partnerships that can accelerate our business growth beyond our owned and operated properties.
- Transaction Execution: Assist in identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), and assist with structuring deal terms and negotiations. Communicate with internal stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Help drive complex deals and drive less complex deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk while adhering to core deal principles.
- Deal Governance: Monitor deal performance for moderately complex deals and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Support maintenance of ongoing relationships with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- External Partnerships: Establish a network of relationships across the industry with potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. plus retain, manage, and help grow a portfolio of partners.
- Industry Expertise: Develop industry expertise including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development knowledge with demonstrated analytical and business modeling skills
- Passion: Must be passionate about commercial product, technology, and creating great customer experiences and commercial services.
- Positive Attitude: Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-disciplinary virtual teams to help drive key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Influence: Ability to influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment, including ability to communicate and influence various internal stakeholders and across functions (such as engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal).
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Minimum of 3+ years of business experience in investment banking, technology, consumer, enterprise, consulting, corporate strategy, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s in business or related field or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Internships will be considered as applicable experiences.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant experience in structuring, influencing/negotiating, and managing commercial deals and/or acquisitions.
- Engineering or business degree.