Application Security Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
$80 - 95k
Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Information Security team works to secure the functions of Redfin and its subsidiaries. As an Application Security Engineer, you’ll be building security into Redfin’s codebase through security code review, security unit tests, static code analysis, and vulnerability scanning; and you’ll have the opportunity to either specialize in one area or ‘wear many hats’ while doing things like protecting against wire fraud, pentesting, and securing IoT locks.
Who You Are
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have coding experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- You are able to speak to the identification, exploitation, impact, and remediation of at least one vulnerability class from either the CWE/SANS 25 or OWASP Top 10.
Nice to Have
- You have significant Java, Node/React, or Python experience.
- You have experience building security through a CI/CD toolchain.
- You have experience automating with Workflow Orchestration or SOAR tools.
- You have public CVEs, or contributions to an open source project.
- You have security consulting experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more