Accounting Manager - New Products and Offers
Bellevue, WA, USA
This job was posted on:
September 2, 2020
$ - $
The Accounting Manager – New Products and Offers is a leadership position within the Corporate Controller’s organization, responsible for designing and implementing end-to-end accounting solutions for new T-Mobile products and offers, while ensuring the solutions are U.S. GAAP and IFRS compliant. This is a highly visible and impactful individual contributor role within Revenue Recognition, reporting to the Accounting Manager of New Products and Offers. This position will collaborate across the enterprise, including commercial, project management, technology, as well as accounting policy and accounting operational teams, and is responsible for assessing the impact of the new products/offers, services and other business initiatives, developing accounting requirements, and designing sustainable processes and accounting system solutions.
You're confident discussing and negotiating accountings needs, risks and implications in cross functional meetings, collaborating with a large group of stakeholders and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Negotiation skills are required to balance the needs of accounting and other stakeholders. Requires competencies in customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What You'll Do In Your Role.
- Lead accounting participation in new product or offer launches and other business initiatives – collaborate with enterprise teams to develop a strong understanding of new product offerings and business initiatives, assess accounting impacts, ensuring complete and timely submission to the offer or project teams.
- Identify accounting topics to address within the product/offer and business construct and vet the proper accounting treatment with the accounting policy team to ensure consistent application of T-Mobile accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS).
- Drive for sustainable system solutions for accounting considering the related financial impacts and transactional flows through active partnership and collaboration with business sponsors, accounting operations and technology teams.
- Develop end-to-end comprehensive accounting documentation for the new products, offers and business initiatives that would be used for implementation by accounting teams, financial reporting, SOX and financial audit.
- Identify and communicate issues or areas for process improvements regularly, drive for resolutions and implement best practices.
- Prepare materials for review with senior accounting leadership.
- Maintain the repository of the documentation, ensuring completeness under T-Mobile retention policy and SOX framework.
- A strong foundation in project management, system development, technical accounting, process and control frameworks with problem solving abilities and a track record of successfully implementing accounting and finance processes for new business initiatives.
- Represent the Accounting organization on enterprise projects and offers, lead the design of accounting solutions for new products offerings and other business initiatives including policy assessments, defining system and operational requirements, testing and implementation
- *Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required*
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience required with 2 years of public accounting highly preferred.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant highly preferred.
- Wireless or retail industry experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing scalable accounting systems and/or process automation.
- Possess strong understanding of application of revenue accounting standard; similar IFRS skills a plus.
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and project reporting tools (Rally, Essbase, SQL, Tableau, Jira) is a plus
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition and ASC 606 or willingness and ability to learn.